Find your nearest brake disc skimming service centre with our interactive mapCLICK HERE TO FIND YOUR NEAREST SERVICE CENTRE
Does your brake pedal vibrate when you apply pressure at certain speeds?
Does your steering wheel shake when you apply pressure to the brake pedal?
Are you fed up of being told to ‘bed-in’ your brakes after taking them to the garage?
Do you want to lower your service bills when you take your car to the garage?
Welcome to the Skim My Discs website...
The aim of this site is:
1to help drivers find service centres where they can get the right brake expertise
2to explain the facts about brake problems and solutions
Brake disc skimming is a lower cost alternative to brake disc replacement”
Brake disc skimming with a Pro-Cut machine will...
- Stop brake pedal pulsation, juddering, squeaks and squeals
- Improve braking performance on your vehicle - increasing safety whilst driving
- Save money on your vehicle service.
Some More Important Facts...
- The Pro-Cut process works on all types of metal discs: solid, vented, drilled, grooved, front and rear, on all vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes.
- Brake pedal pulsation results from uneven wear of brake discs. This is caused by very slight mis-alignment of the discs and/or the vehicle hubs, known technically as “run-out”. The Pro-Cut lathe overcomes this problem by machining the disc directly on the vehicle.